For over 30 years, Doug Smith has represented a multitude of private and public sector clients in various practice areas, including general and professional liability, labor and employment, civil rights litigation, personal injury, healthcare law, business litigation, and administrative law.
An associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Smith has been lead trial counsel in numerous jury trials throughout California, including the Los Angeles, San Francisco, Riverside, Ventura, San Luis Obispo and San Bernardino Counties. His clients include major national corporations and some of the largest public entities in the state.
Additionally, through his practice at the California Veterans Rights Center, Smith provides services to veterans suffering from medical malpractice, employment discrimination and more. He served honorably as a Captain/Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps, and currently serves as a Lieutenant Colonel and Judge Advocate in the California Air National Guard.
Capital University Law School
- Juris Doctorate - 1986
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - 1983
- Marine Corps Reserve Association
- National Guard Association
- Leo A. Deegan Inns of Court
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court, California, 1997
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States Court of Appeal for Armed Forces
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals